"Award of Scholarship function in Alumni Association meet 2018 was conducted on 28.02.2018. Mr.T.Thamizhseran , I year B.Sc. Nursing was awarded by cash prize Rs. 25,000. Chairman felicitated the function, Principal Prof.Dr. P. Genesta Mary Gysel, and Vice-Principal Prof. Mrs. R.Uma, preside over the function."
Award of Scholarship function in Alumni Association
meet 2017 was conducted on 19.07.2017. Ms.P.Malliga
, II year B.Sc. Nursing was awarded by cash prize
Rs. 20,000. Chairman felicitated the function, Principal
Prof.Dr. P. Genesta Mary Gysel, and Vice-Principal
Prof. Mrs. R.Uma, preside over the function."
OF ASSOCIATION AND RULES AND REGULATIONS OF ALUMNI
ASSOCIATION SABARI COLLEGE OF NURSING
The name of the association shall be “The Alumni
Association, SABARI College of Nursing, Puducherry”
This association is an independent association of
graduates of Sabari College of Nursing, Puducherry.
The office of the association shall be located at
the Sabari college of Nursing, Puducherry .
3. AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aims and objectives of the association shall be:
1. To establish a sense of espirit de corps among
2. To maintain effective communication network among
the old student and the parent institution.
3. To provide opportunity to meet and share the experiences
of the members periodically.
4. To uphold the dignity of profession and maintain
the professional standard.
5. To conduct developmental activities in the parent
6. To up bring the young professionals towards personal
and professional growth
7. To update the knowledge and skills in current trends
8. Provides financial assistance through creating
educational scholarship to poor, talented students
studying in Sabari College of Nursing.
All graduates who have successfully completed Basic
B.Sc Nursing from this institution shall be the member
of this association. All eligible graduates shall
remit a life time membership fee of Rs.500/-. They
have to complete the enrollment and hand over the
same to the Secretary.
The administration of the Association shall vest in
an executive committee, hereafter referred to as committee
elected for the purpose.
6. THE COMMITTEE SHALL
1. Patron- Principal, Sabari College of Nursing, Puducherry.
2. President- Student, Sabari College of Nursing,
Puducherry. (B. Sc).
3. Vice president- Student, Sabari College of Nursing,
Puducherry. (B. Sc).
4. Secretary- Student, College of Nursing, Puducherry.
5. Treasurer- Staff, College of Nursing, Puducherry.
6. Joint Secretary- Student, College of Nursing, Puducherry.
7. Representatives – from Members -3
8. The term of office of the Committee shall be for
a period of two year.
9. A committee once elected shall continue to hold
office till a new committee assumes charge.
7. POWER AND RESPONSIBILITIES
OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
to the consent of the General Body of the Association,
the Executives shall have the following power:
1. To manage all affairs of the Association, to incur
and meet all necessary expenses and do all such acts
as are not in consistent with these rules.
2. To accepts application for membership and enlist
3. To hold meetings of the Committee at least once
in 6 months.
4. To periodically check the registers and the other
records of the association.
5. To conduct orientation programmes for its members
in the interest of maintaining professional standards.
6. To implement all decisions taken by the General
7. To fill up any casual vacancy in the committee
8. To elect an eligible candidate for the scholarship
according to the criteria laid down.
• An Election Committee consisting of one Convenor
and two Members of the Association shall be constituted
by the Executive Committee on a date not less than
three months before the expiry of term of office of
the Executive Committee.
• The Election Committee shall frame a Schedule
indicating last date for nomination withdrawal of
and the date of election (if necessary), and call
for nominations from the eligible members for election
to the Executive Committee. Each nomination shall
be proposed by and seconded by two members of the
Association with the consent of the candidate given
in writing and duly signed by them and addressed to
Secretary. The nominations shall reach the Secretary
as per schedule given by the Election Committee. The
Secretary shall after the last date for withdrawal
and after scrutiny forward all pass all the nominations
received by him to the Election Committee.
• The Election Committee shall scrutinise the
nominations received and inform the candidates concerned
of the acceptance or otherwise of the nomination.
After the withdrawal period is over, if there is a
contest election, will be conducted. The Election
Committee shall send the Ballot papers to the entire
eligible member. Ballot papers, with vote marking,
received back from the members will be scrutinised
by the Election Committee and the results will be
reported by the Election Committee of the Secretary
of the Association.
• The secretary shall place the report of the
Election Committee in the next Meeting of Executive
committee and the results shall be announced after
the approval of the Executive Committee and shall
be placed at the Annual General Body Meeting for ratification.
DUTIES OF THE OFFICE BEARERS
He/ She shall have control over the affairs of the
Association and shall preside over the Committee meetings
and the meetings of General Body.
She shall have power to convene meetings of the committee
and of the General Body either on her own initiative
or on the written requisition of at least 4 members
in the case of executive committee and 25 members
in the case of general body meetings.
He/she shall be elected from among the students. He/
she will perform the duties of the President in his/
She/ he shall be elected from students. She/ he shall
have the following powers.
1. To receive all application for membership and place
them before the Committee for enrolling members.
2. To maintain proper registers and records to keep
in safe custody.
3. To keep regular account of income and expenditure
of the association, and it shall be presented to the
general body for approval annually.
4. To convene meeting of the Committee or of the General
Body when authorized to do so by the President.
5. To keep a correct record of the proceedings of
all Committee and General Body meetings.
6. To perform all other functions as may be assigned
from time to time by the President or by the Executive
7. She shall have the powers to operate the accounts
of the association and to incur such expenditure as
may be approved by the Committee.
8. She shall get the annual statement of accounts
prepared audited and such statements shall be placed
before the Committee and the General Body.
She/ he has to discharge all the duties and responsibilities
of the Secretary in her/ his absence.
She/ he shall be responsible of maintaining the accounts
of the income and expenses. Will have to present the
accounts in the general body meeting and get approved.
He/ she will be operating the account of the association
along with the Secretary.
1. The Executive committee of the association shall
2. The President shall preside over all the meetings.
In her absence, the Secretary will preside over the
11. GENERAL BODY MEETING
1. The General Body ordinarily meet twice in a year.
2. The annual meeting shall be convened along with
the Graduation Ceremony of the Outgoing Graduates.
1. The Association shall have a common seal. This
shall be in the safe custody of the Secretary.
2. To have an Emblem.
3. Any document executed by the Association shall
be signed by the President and the Secretary.